Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh, Hello Mr. Giant Monster! You Don't Scare Me!


I am thoroughly convinced that I will never ever stop learning, and I never want to. It's interesting how through different stages of life you encounter the same thing multiple times, but each time you react totally different than the time before. Part of it has to do with the new knowledge gained from the previous experience, some of it has to do with the support system around you, some of it has to do with your attitude, some of it has to do with what other factors are weighing in to the situation, it goes on and on.

Every now and then you run into a bump in the road that in reality is minuscule, but when it's all you can see, it becomes a mountain that seems impossible to climb. This past month I came upon my mountain, again. "I know how to do this" I thought to myself, remembering the countless times before when I had fought and conquered the battle to the top, but still it doesn't matter how many times I have conquered it before, it's completely overwhelming.

I hate feeling completely hopeless, staring into the face of the monster that I have to fight every time he shows up in my life. It feels so good to know that I have God on my side, with His strong hands on my shoulders and His gentle voice whispering in my ear "I love you, my little girl, you may feel small, but lean on me. I'll help you." Those words give me the confidence to overcome whatever life throws at me.

Thanks, God, for being there and saving me once again. Thanks for the people you put in my life to love me and encourage me through the tough stuff. They truely are blessings from you.

So goodbye monster, I'm sure I'll see you later, but once again I have learned that I have control over you. You don't have control over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment