Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mehalschventisartigarithan!!!! Aw c'mon! Hurry up already!

So recently I have been trying to figure out what to do with my hair. It is at that awkward mid length that I absolutely hate.








At the beginning of this summer I was about to make a huge mistake and just cut it all off again to the cute little A-line hair cut that I had and loved like this...
But that's not what I REALLY want.

I want my long hair back. It would just be so easy to change it all and make it cuter by cutting it, and it would take 5 minutes as oppose to the 5 years its taking to grow my golden locks all back out to my waist. Needless to say my patience is running out.

When I was little (before Jr High) I had hair that was so long I could put it in a pony tail, whip it around, and smack my brother in the face with it without even being that close to him. Which is totally the reason why I'm growing it out again................ not really.


I absolutely LOVE the way it looks and feels. How it wraps around my arms and shoulders as I walk through the wind, or how it trails after me as I swing, how long it takes to wring out after it gets wet, how the bottom of it still falls to the middle of my back even when it is up in a ponytail, how you rarely see someone with hair naturally that long anymore. We all run out of patience.

Maybe this is a result of my prayer for that. Patience, I mean. It's like a test. Can I take it or not. Well I'm up for the challenge. I've made it this far haven't I?

This is how I really want it to look. Totally doable, especially since that's exactly how my hair grows. Straight then wavy at the ends.
The other thing I have been contemplating is the color. I used to have a million colors underneath my blonde hair. I had black underneath with red, purple, brunette, and orange peekaboo colors throughout. So much fun. I have kindof been itching to add some color underneath again to get me through this boring stage, but I haven't totally decided yet.

I have to think with the end in mind.
1) Adding color means one day I'll have to take it out. That is, unless I want to have multi-colored hair till I'm 100.
2) This also means bleach and other icky chemicals that will completely ruin the strength and softness leaving it brittle and constantly frizzy and tangled.
3) There's no other way to get darker colors out of blonde hair.
4) The bleached part will ever even match my natural color again until it grows out. (5 more years?? Yuck)

Hmmm....

I guess the bottom line is, Patience, patience, patience. And lots of vitamins and minerals and good shampoo and conditioner and protein!!! MMM i love protein!!! So I guess I've decided, (over the course of writing this blog) that, indeed, it shall be worth it to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaand my hair has grown 10 inches in 1 year. Way to go superfood!

    ReplyDelete