Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh good day 2012. Pleased to make your aquantance.

I took Christmas down yesterday. Our apartment which once smelled of pine, had glittering lights and blue and silver that decked the walls is now feeling a little bit barer.

Although it makes me sad putting Christmas in boxes and saying goodbye for 340 more days, it feels refreshing to have my apartment clean once again after the craziness of the holidays.

This year we attended 17 different holiday events over the course of a month and a half. It was crazy, but oh so fun. We literally had something fun to look forward to every other day. And now, it's weird having extra time to do things like make banana bread and have dinner with friends.
I'm glad I'm back to listening to Mackentosh Braun and Disturbed after hearing the Kutless Christmas album 100 times in a row. I'm glad that my apartment smells like clean linen instead of holly spice when I walk through the front door and take a whiff. I'm glad that the crazy season at work is finished and that I can be home from work earlier. I'm glad that the sun is slowly staying up later so that its not super dark when I get off from work.

Anyways, overall, I love Christmas, but I love the rest of the year too. Ready for 2012. :)

1 comment:

  1. I concur. Christmas comes down tomorrow for us and I am looking forward to it. :) Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete