Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Urban Farmer Dreamin

I'm surprised that I haven't yet written about the changes over the past week! Ah!
Welllllll, last Wednesday we found out that the owner officially accepted our offer and that we are in escrow! Woo hoo! It was a nerve racking week and a half but finally we got the answer that we wanted. :)
We're getting more and more excited as things progress smoothly, no bumps in the road so far so we hope that trend stays true until the end of this 35 day process.
It's nice being able to have a bit of a glimpse of what our life will be like for the next few years with a specific place in mind. It's been so up in the air for so long, almost like we've been dating different houses and wondering which one could be "The One" and now we might have found the one we get to marry. Haha if that makes sense.
Being able to visualize something instead of the idea of something has made my mind explode with artistic ideas of how to make this house our home. I can't get too ahead of myself though, since the keys are not yet in our hands, but I can daydream a bit right?
So I've always wanted to be an urban farmer. Random right? But ever since I was little and we would run into my best friends mom's garden and eat fresh veggies right out of the ground, I have dreamed of having my own garden full of fresh veggies. Actually, probably since that time when I was really little and buried my moms store bought veggies in the backyard... haha. Anyways, it's been a long time.
I've been on Pinterest a ton looking at different designs for garden structures. Ways to keep the garden safe from cats turning it into their litter box (wood frames with screens?), ways to make it cute and inexpensive (painted a cute color with a fun gate?), ways to make it a place that I can come and relieve stress by purging my garden of weeds and bugs (DIY bug spray)
I love vegatables :)

Anyways, this is our life for the next month. Hoping and waiting and turning in more paperwork, and driving to meet appraisers, home inspectors, etc. We're praying hard that it will all go smoothly and that in 30 days we'll be moving in!





No comments:

Post a Comment