Saturday, May 26, 2012

Come What May

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I've gotten pretty good at this patience thing over the past few months. At the beginning of March, Angelo and I began our search for our new home. 6 weeks went by and we had lost 6 houses. Offers in, offers denied. The emotional roller coaster of finding "the one" then putting our offers in and waiting for the response was exhausting. For me, it was once the offer was in and we had to wait for the reply that I would stress out. For Angelo, it was when we found out that we didn't get it. It was hard trying to find God's will in it all and we were constantly on edge. Our emotions were a mess and we were at each others throats from all the frustration. It was no fun at all.

After weeks of almost every emotion in the book, we finally broke down thinking that our apartment was lookin pretty good (being that it is free of all this emotional constipation) and prayed that God would bring us to where He wanted us to be, regardless of whether that was in a house or not, all emotions aside. We talked with my awesome dad who also gave the both of us a new perspective on it. The truth was, this is God's money, this is God's house. If he wants to spend his money on a house and bless us with the opportunity to live in it, that was up to him. All we had to do was trust that no matter what happened, that we were in his will. This thought gave me so much peace, and for the first time I was able to wait patiently and peacefully for the verdict on the last house we put an offer in on. After nearly a week with no reply, I had come to the point where I would be okay with whatever was to happen, house or no house.

We we're on our way to Bible study, ready to share with the group again that there was no reply and to ask for more prayer, when we got a phone call from our realtor. I could barely hear him in the noise of the car when I heard a muffled "I'm so excited for you guys".... "wait.... excited for what? I didn't hear you" Then came the words that we had been wanting to hear so badly "They accepted your offer!"
I screamed and the smile on my face hurt my cheeks it was so big. We weren't through the woods yet, but this was the best news we had gotten yet.

It's been 6 weeks since, and being that it is a short sale its, moving along surely at a snails pace. I've been amazed at how much at peace I have been through the process. Come what may, I know I'll be fine and I'll be where God wants me.
Every week or so we get news that the papers are moving and that the answer is still "yes" until we hear otherwise.
Next step, hearing the banks response to the offer. Will they accept? I hope so, but there are no promises. Then comes the loan process and all the hoops to jump through that comes with that, and then escrow, and putting in our notice at the apt, then appliance shopping, then moving, then painting... We're taking each step one at a time. :)

Through it all Angelo and I have gotten closer and I wouldn't trade the stressful process for anything. We have learned a ton. Who knows, maybe third year, round 2, house 7 is a charm, or maybe it's just another opportunity to learn more about each other, money management, patience, endurance, and God's character.

Either way, Come what may.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment