Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Door Number 23 Closed. On to Door Number 24.

We've been praying and praying the past few weeks for God's guidance in this whole rental home search. We've prayed for wisdom. We've prayed for peace. We've prayed for God to take it away if it is not what He wants for us.
After a few weeks of battling with the rental management company, sending over piles of unnecessary paperwork and, calling every few days to check up on their progress, we finally heard back. We had put in a very nice offer to pay all expenses even a month early and their answer?

No.

Back to square one. I know, I know, you may be thinking that "Hey, you know there ARE other houses out there to rent?" Well we're not feeling it. We're finding out that renting a house for us is almost as impossible for us as trying to buy one, so maybe that's what God is telling us.

We figured that God seems to be closing the rental door at the moment to possibly open our eyes again to a new possibility. Owning. A smaller, cheaper, house in a neighborhood that is close but not quite perfect. At least we'll give it a shot. One more time.

I am totally open to the idea since my dream house at the moment is a small white washed cottage in an older inexpensive neighborhood. About $100,000. Half the cost of the houses we have looked for in the past. Maybe we can qualify for one of these.
Jennifer's Dream House

I'm still super pessimistic though, since we have been through this emotional roller coaster before trying to buy a home. But maybe this time it'll be in God's timing. Maybe.
I'm not sure if I'm ready again to give this another shot. I just got over it and let it go from last time. But here I go. I'll clean off my face, take a deep breath, stand up straight and say "let's do this"
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." This verse has been running through my mind for the past week now, over and over. It's so true though. The shock of having another door seemingly closed has been lightened by this verse that God put in my head to remind me in this moment. "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."
This was the last verse that I read. Job was a wise man.

It's hard not always knowing what we're suppose to do, especially when the timing seems awful. But I believe with all my heart that God is good. And I'm sure He's got something good up His sleeve. As usual :)

No comments:

Post a Comment