Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Okay, So I'm a Nerd

Just thought Id get it out.
My name is Jennifer Parisi and I am a recovering computer simulator addict. Minus the recovering part. Recently I have uncovered my stack of 3 favorite simulator computer games on my desk and ever since I have been hooked once again.
#1) Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - The best theme park manager game ever. They have moved on to make versions 3 and 4 but I still like version 2 best. Your goal is to get a certain number of guests in your park via marketing and attractions, pay off your debt, maintain a certain level of park rating, or achieve a park value of a certain amount. It's super fun running my fakey theme park business.


#2) The Sims - Again while they have moved onto the 3D versions, I still prefer the simple version 1. This one you manage people's lives. Get a job, earn money, build a house, manage relationships, get married have children, and try not to burn the house down in the process. Strangely addicting. But I love it.


#3) Zoo Tycoon - Similar to Roller Coaster Tycoon except this time you manage a zoo and all that comes with it. Feed the animals, get enough guests and enough money to buy a rare breed, then more guests will come, schedule shows for the dolphins, orcas, etc. While this game can be fun, it is not near as addicting as the prior two.


That's it, the truth is out. I'm a nerd. This is what I do with my time when I don't feel like being productive. Terrible isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment