Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Learning to Breathe

I will never stop learning. Every day I find out that I was wrong once again, and that there is a new perspective that I had not yet considered. They say this is normal for us early 20 somethings, to be constantly changing our minds about life and what makes the world turn.
It's a nice excuse to lean back on, that it's normal for this stage of life to be as unstable thoughtfully as a teenager at puberty, cause boy, is it exhausting.
I love to learn and to get better at things I suck at. And I love to hear other peoples life experiences and insights. I always seem to pull something new from what they say regarding something I had heard a million times before. Or learn from watching how the "pros" do it to better my technique.

The more I learn, the more I become aware of time. I only have so many years on this earth and there are so many things I want to learn about. I want to know all there is about cooking, painting, sculpting, needlecraft, quilting, music, organizing, economics, mathematics, theology, science, medicine, law, cosmetology, dermatology, psychology, politics, the stock market, upholstery, woodworking, engineering, auto mechanics, mass manufacturing, how to run a company, systematization, child development, botany, construction, interior design.... and the list goes on. I want to know it all. But there is not enough time for me to be a chef, a lawyer, a mother, a doctor, a CEO, a mechanic and an artist all in the same lifetime. It's sad, but I am still driven to at least try to know how. I am grateful that in heaven I will have unlimited time to learn and the best teacher ever.

I read the dictionary for fun, my favorite books that I own are The Professional Chef and The Family Medical Guide, I suck at long division so I do it on my free time to get better, my house is full of projects that I have made because I can't decide which hobby I like best so I do them all, I love watching infomercials for fun, I'm always thinking and strategizing how to get better at things. It takes 20 min for my brain to shut off at night because I'm always trying to figure things out before I fall asleep.

Life is so complex, and the more I learn, the smaller I feel, and the greater my God. The universe is huge and knowledge is virtually limitless. I want to soak it all in. But for now I still feel like I am only just now learning to breathe. And so we begin. Inhale........

No comments:

Post a Comment